[Updated on 24th August 2021]
ABOUT THE SOS
At CILISOS, we believe that the only way to consume information is with a serious dose of flavor. Our aim is to make mundane things like news and current events entertaining and informative in equal measure, using our unique recipe of casualness and humour banjir-ed onto an analytical view to get our point across. We offer this same unique blend to our clients, working with them to craft sponsored content with the same level of detail and love.
WHAT’S THE ROLE?
Overall, your primary task is selling our content marketing solutions to clients – aka ‘sponsored content’. Because each client has different needs and objectives, you have to be perceptive in understanding what they want; and understand our portfolio enough to recommend out-of-the box (yet achievable) solutions if needed. You’re also the bridge between external clients and the Cilisos editorial team – they depend on you to tell them what the client wants so they can start work!
Here’s an idea of what you’ll be doing:
- Connecting with brands and agencies to build up your portfolio of clients
- Following up with your clients to maintain and expand your network and portfolio
- Understanding your client’s content marketing needs, and conveying the information to the Cilisos editorial team through project briefs
- Create project proposals for your clients
- Managing your clients during the campaign period (i.e. in terms of communication, feedback, and generally keeping everyone up to date)
- Monitoring, tracking and reporting the campaign performance in the Post Campaign Report, and sharing these reports with your clients
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in any field
- 2+ years’ of sales consulting, media sales or agency background preferred, but not necessary
- Malaysian citizenship (Sorry, HR requirement)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and BM
- Ability think on your feet and a fast learner
- Great attention to detail
- Independent and resourceful, not afraid to ask questions
- Diplomatic – can mediate the clients’ need with those of the company (aka your bottom line)
- Comfortable with socializing and presenting to groups of people
- Always hungry. For more sales, not just for food.
- Team spirit! We’re a close-knit fam and we’d like to keep it that way
- Is a genuine and decent human being. The kind that would smile or say thanks when someone holds the elevator door for them